Sunday 18 January 2015

DIY Marquee Letters ♥

DIY Marquee Letters ♥


Hi, so today I am going to be showing you how to make DIY Marquee Letters that look like this:

The things you will need are:
  • Craft Mache Letters (I got mine from Hobby Craft)
  • Craft knife
  • Craft board
  • LED battery fairy lights
  • Pen or pencil
 1.  First you will need to cut off the back of the letters with the craft knife. It is fairy easy to cut through and is not very thick. You will need to do this to all your letters.
 2. Once you have taken the back off the letters, it should look like this:
 3. You will need to take all the cardboard filling out from the letters, it should look like this:
 4. So next you need to turn the letters over and puncture holes with a pen or pencil. I marked out where I wanted the holes before I made them just so I could check I have enough lights and make them evenly spaced. At this point you may want to spray paint or paint the letters but I decide just to leave them as it looks more rustic and went with my room.
 5. Once you have made the holes, you will need to put the lights through them and space them out evenly.
 6. Finally you will need to tape down the wire that is sticking out. This might take some time but it will make it look so much better when you do.
 And this is the final result:


 Hope you enjoyed this DIY and see you soon.

Alice♥









No comments:

Post a Comment